Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Red & White

My husband gave me a red purse that I love so much I took it to the hardware store
and had paint matched for my front door.
Red makes me happy- so what better color to blog about.

My friend, Kim Walus, who is a fabulous quilter and cardmaker, shared photos of her daughter,
Ariel's wedding in new Zealand.

I loved the dress Ariel wore- vintage. To make it her own she added a sassy red petticoat.
She definitely vintage glam going on.





Next came her Vivienne Westwood shoes. A found a link to the heart shoes on ebay.






Kim created a work of art for her daughter's bridal bouquet.





Kim's blog has a tutorial on making this fabric bouquet.

Other Red, Pink, and White items I adore...

Red Velvet Macaroons by Delectable Deliciousness


See the recipe HERE

Cakes can help set the tone for the wedding-
Like this artsy cake


Wedding cake found at Gotcha Covered.

or

This stream-lined cake from Real Simple sophisticated.

or a whimsical cake




Red and white look lovely for a Summer Wedding


As displayed by The Perfect Palette. Notice the shoes again?

or

a Winter Wedding


The Perfect Palette is a site for finding the perfect color combo for your wedding or party.



4 comments:

  1. Me, too! I love red :) More fun red and vintage... look up Susie Brown of the Jane Dear Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robyn! I just adore red!!! I loved the other pictures you posted too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun ideas! I love the cake with the red cutouts. So creative!

    ReplyDelete